A063S | Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 w/hood for SONY E
- Tamron has released the 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 lens, which is optimized for the latest full-frame mirrorless cameras.
- The lens provides outstanding resolution and superb overall performance in a compact and lightweight zoom lens, and features a redesigned optical system for exceptional image quality.
- The AF drive is equipped with Tamron’s linear motor focus mechanism VXD to enable high-speed, high-precision auto-focusing, with improved closeup shooting capabilities.
- The lens is equipped with new features that enable users to easily perform customization and firmware updates themselves.
- Tamron has improved the lens’ ergonomics and coating for better scratch resistance, and the filter size is 67mm, which is standard among Tamron’s fast-aperture zoom lens series.
- The lens also supports various features built into Sony E-mount cameras, including Fast Hybrid AF, Eye AF, and in-camera lens corrections.
- The optical construction of the lens deploys 17 elements in 15 groups, with two LD and GM lens elements used to minimize optical aberrations.
- The lens has a high resolving power to the edges of the frame at all focal lengths, and offers soft and beautiful bokeh that is distinctive to fast-aperture lenses.
- The AF speed of the new lens is approximately twice as fast as the first-generation model.
- The MOD of the lens is 0.18m (7.1 in) at the wide 28mm end, with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.7.
- The lens is ideal for a wide range of photographic genres, including street photography, portraiture, landscapes, and general family events.
This 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 lens is for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras. This second-generation lens boasts an improved optical system that delivers high-resolution image quality, edge-to-edge across the frame, along with soft and beautiful bokeh effects that are distinctive to fast-aperture lenses. The lens features a linear motor focus mechanism VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) for high-speed and high-precision auto-focusing, along with improved close-up shooting capabilities, achieving an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 0.18m at the 28mm wide end and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.7. The lens also comes with new features that enable users to perform customization and firmware updates themselves.